Responsible to: Head of Food
Role Type: Café Manager
Remuneration: €30 – €35k
Location: GROW HQ Waterford
GROW HQ is the home of GIY and an education, café, retail and garden experience. We are looking for an experienced Café Manager to manage our award winning café which was national Café of the Year in the 2020 Georgina Campbell Awards. Across our 65 seat café, 40 seat terrace, food truck, shop, grow school, cookery school and food garden; GROW HQ offers the highest standards of customer service and experience.
As our café manager, you will be the leader of a dynamic front of house team in an award-winning café. You will ensure the highest standards of customer service are delivered across all food and beverage operations and manage the performance, rostering and recruitment of the front of house team. You will also have the opportunity to work with our Head of Food to help create seasonal food and event offerings.
- Supervise the café team to ensure the highest standards of customer service are delivered across all F&B operations, and that the story of GIY and ethos of GROW HQ is communicated to all customers.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company information
- Ensure team training is up to date with support from the Head of Food and People & Culture Manager
- Manage recruitment, rostering and performance of front of house team, with support from Head of Food
- Hold the team accountable to our Customer Service standards whilst remaining hands-on and leading by example
- Gather guests feedback, resolve guest issues and recommend improvement
- Set up and delivery for special events and functions
- Work with Marketing Manager on projects and initiatives
- Lead on stock management and ordering
- Work with Head of Food to create seasonal calendar around food offering
Experience and Competencies
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced and qualified individual who shares GIY’s culture, vision and values. The ideal candidate requires the following experience and competencies:
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience within the hospitality industry (essential)
- Strong Food and Beverage knowledge and experience (essential)
- A positive, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity, confidence and enthusiasm to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team
- Has a passion for social enterprise, sustainability and societal change
- Values health and understands how food-growing can change the way we think about food, nutrition and health
- Team player who values integrity and respect
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
About the organisation
Opened in October 2016, GROW HQ has quickly established itself as one of Waterford’s favourite cafes, with a focus on hyper-authentic, seasonal food, cooked with passion by our kitchen team. From Best Newcomer in 2017 to the Georgina Campbell Café of the Year 2020, we have our fair share of national awards and accolades.
GROW HQ is also proud to be the Irish hub for Chef’s Manifesto: and advocacy hub building a community of chef’s around the world, equipped with the skills to create a better food system for all. In GROW HQ there are no barriers between where food is grown, cooked, and eaten. Our award-winning café serves the most nutritious, delicious, seasonal food and we put veg centre stage, while also showcasing the finest free-range, local meat, poultry, fish and cheese.
GROW HQ is the home base for GIY, an award-winning social enterprise that supports people around the world to live happier, healthier and more sustainable lives by growing some of their own food. We support people to develop ‘food empathy’ – a deeper connection with food and respect for the people and planet that put it on our tables. Our mission is to inspire and enable a global movement of food growers whose collective actions will help to create a more fair, resilient and sustainable food system. We aim to inspire 100 million people to grow some of their own food for the UN’s Decade of Action for Climate Change by 2030.
How to Apply
Please email Alex, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CV and cover letter for this role. Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 17th September.