Reporting to: CEO
Role Type: Part-Time Permanent (after probation period of 9 months).
Working hours: Starting at 20 hours per week
Renumeration: €32,000 pro rata
GIY is a social enterprise founded in Waterford in 2009. Our mission is to help create a healthier, happier and more sustainable world by inspiring and supporting people to grow food at home, school, work and in the community. In 2020, GIY supported over 1,000,000 people to grow their own food across the UK and Ireland. GIY employ 34 people based at GROW HQ in Waterford which is the home of the GIY movement and includes a 65 seat café, shop, grow school, cookery school and food garden. www.giy.ie
At an exciting stage in our development, we are looking for an Assistant for the CEO to join our team to provide comprehensive support to the CEO, Board of Directors and the leadership team. This will be a busy position that requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with impeccable attention to detail, a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. It will give the successful candidate exposure to the commercial and strategic management of an award winning social enterprise with a clear path of career progression.
- Calendar & Priority Management – prioritize and filter inquiries and requests, providing a gatekeeper role; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Help the CEO to ensure strategic goals and priorities are actioned, ensure calendar is efficient and protect time for strategic work. Keep the CEO informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and taking action where appropriate. Work with management team and external parties to track and follow up on contacts made or actions requested by the CEO. Work to make process and procedure work flow improvements and anticipate future needs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external parties on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Act as a liaison and support to the Board of Directors, arrange, schedule and handle all logistics for Board meetings and subcommittee meetings; draft agendas; distribute materials; record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary; follow up and track agreed actions.
- Act as a liaison to the Senior Leadership Team, help the CEO to manage the monthly meeting schedule – coordinate all meetings, ensuring attendees are briefed and aware of the meetings plan, purpose, and actions.
- Governance – monitor the Governance calendar, tracking activities to completion and providing support to the board and leadership team to complete.
- Administration – Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex and confidential documents, reports; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced individual who shares GIY’s culture, vision and values. The ideal candidate would have experience of executive support or can demonstrate the ability to work with C-suite executives and board members.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organisation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Should be entirely comfortable with a broad suite of tech platforms – particularly should have expert proficiency including trouble shooting ability with Microsoft Office suite and the ability to prepare, design and edit presentations, spreadsheets, Word and PDF docs.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, leadership team, staff, partners and funders.
- Ability to make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time; to complete a high volume of tasks and projects; to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events; to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion.
- A flexible, positive, energetic, resourceful person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team.
- Though GIY employees work from home in many locations throughout Ireland, given the nature of this role we would expect the candidate to be based in or near Waterford.
How to Apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday December 8th 2021 with:
• Your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your fit with the criteria outlined above.
• Two references (name and contact details).
We aim to have the new role commence in January 2021.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.