What is innocent big grow?
The big grow is back for 2020! And together with innocent we’re giving 216,000 children across the UK and Ireland everything they need to get growing their own veg.
You can register here now: www.innocentbiggrow.com
This year we will teach over 216,000 children to big grow. That’s HUGE. We will send FREE growing kits to teachers which include everything they need to get their students growing;
- 3 packs of seeds (this year the children will grow peas, cress & baby carrots)
- 32 Cups (each student gets their own cup to sow their own little ‘crop’)
- 32 Compost disc that expands in their cup when water is added
- Teacher’s resource booklet (which includes lots of fun and educational activities which complement the Irish & UK curriculum)
- Wallchart (so teacher can celebrate the weekly growing highs and successes)
- Veg Detective Badge (students take turns investigating fruit and veg at home and school)
We know that even a small food growing experience can have a BIG impact. And that’s what the innocent big grow does. It has a big impact on children by teaching them something we call Food Empathy.
Food Empathy is a deeper connection and understanding of food that comes through the power of food growing. Food Growers eat more locally and more seasonally. They eat more portions of fruit and vegetables every day and are more physically active. Food growing also does wonders for self-esteem and confidence.
- School kits are just for primary school teachers as the packs are designed for full classes, and the activities link back to the national curriculum.
- If you're a nursery, home school, brownie or scout group, you can come back on 18th February to apply for an individual home kit.